I would like to Donate:
COMMERCIAL FISHERIES ADVISORIES
Every year we work with the UK government department Defra to produce and distribute Commercial Fisheries Advisories. These are designed to help the commercial fishing industry and fisheries management agencies. They provide rapid access to the current legislative status of sharks, skates and rays in UK, EU and international waters.
In 2017 we released 27 Commercial Fisheries Advisories, which you can download below. We also have shark, skate & ray ID Guides, which you may find useful.
1. TACs and restrictions for some species may have changed since 2016.
2. We've created these Advisories to assist commercial fishermen and fisheries management agencies only.
3. Recreational anglers should be aware of the following information:
- There are restrictions to landing Tope in England, Scotland and Wales.
- In English and Welsh waters, Angelsharks, Basking Sharks and White Skate are legally protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981. This applies out to 12 nautical miles.
- Anglers in Scottish waters should be aware of landing restrictions for an extra 21 species of shark, skate and ray. See the Scottish Sharks, Skates and Rays Sea Angling Advisory. Download / view all Sea Angling Advisories
4. Fishmarkets and seafood retailers should be aware that Porbeagle Sharks (Lamna nasus) are now listed under Appendix II of CITES. This means that they can only be imported into the UK with an appropriate permit. For more information please contact your relevant fisheries management organisation.
5. Legislation was correct as of February 2017. As TACs and quotas are met or altered, some Advisories may be subject to change. We'll ensure to issue updates as they arise.
BEST PRACTICE GUIDES:
|Best Practice for Sharks,
Skates & Rays (pdf)
|Recording & Reporting
|Skate & Ray Handling
You have added an item to your shopping basket.
Your ID and Password were blank. Would you like to create a new account?