I would like to Donate:
Small-eyed Ray Eggcase
Latin Name: Raja microocellata
One face considerably more convex than the other making the capsule curve longitudinally. Widest across the base of the long horns, narrowest across the base of the short horns.
Capsule Size: Approximately 55-99mm long x 35-60mm wide excluding horns (when soaked).
Horns (when present):
- Both pairs differ greatly in appearance.
- The long horns should be elongated into thin, filamentous tubes (however, these are unlikely to survive the surf and will probably be absent), while the other pair of horns are very short and strongly hooked at the base.
- Both sets of horns tend to curve away from the same side of the capsule giving the capsule a strong curve longitudinally.
Lateral keels: Present.
Fields: Present at both ends of capsule. Strongly concave between the short pair of horns.
- Strongly hooked, short pair of horns at narrow end of capsule.
- Strong longitudinal curve to capsule and horns.
- A distinctive eggcase despite often missing the long filamentous endings to their horns.
You have added an item to your shopping basket.
Your ID and Password were blank. Would you like to create a new account?