I would like to Donate:
Spotted Ray Eggcase
Latin Name: Raja montagui
- Relatively delicate and elongated in comparison to other species.
- Widest across its ‘waist’.
- Both sides convex.
Capsule Size: Approximately 53-78mm long x 30-50mm wide excluding horns (when soaked).
Horns (when present):
- All four horns of similar length to one another; more than half the length of the capsule, but no longer than capsule length.
- One pair are flattened and often curl towards one another at the tips (giving the impression of a stag beetle).
- When the capsule is viewed side on, the other pair are curled upwards, in the style of a bobsleigh, with a strong downwards hook at the tips.
Lateral keels: Absent.
Fields: Absent or very shallow.
Characteristic features: No lateral keels, and fields absent or shallow. Distinctive ‘bobsleigh’ curl to one pair of horns.
Similar Eggcases: Undulate Ray (Raja undulata).
You have added an item to your shopping basket.
Your ID and Password were blank. Would you like to create a new account?