I would like to Donate:
Undulate Ray Eggcase
Latin Name: Raja undulata
- Relatively delicate texture, smooth surface.
- Widest across its ‘waist’.
- Very similar to Spotted Ray, but generally larger.
Capsule Size: Approximately 70-90mm long x 45-60mm wide excluding horns (when soaked).
Horns (when present):
- Top pair of horns approximately as long as capsule.
- Tips (if present) tend to curl in towards one another.
- Bottom pair of horns curl laterally, giving a ‘bobsleigh’ impression.
- Tips of horns (if present) are thin and curly.
Lateral keels: No keels present.
Fields: Very shallow fields present between both pairs of horns, although these may not be present due to having been worn off.
Very similar to the Spotted Ray eggcase, the only major difference being that Undulate Ray eggcases are generally much larger (possibly up to twice as large).
Similar Species: Spotted Ray (Raja montagui).
You have added an item to your shopping basket.
Your ID and Password were blank. Would you like to create a new account?